Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot off my craft table



























Well it's been awhile since I posted some ATCs. I've been focusing on scrap booking and have been really enjoying putting together some page of my trip to Vegas and California. So today I pulled out some watercolor paper, rubber stamps, pencils, bic markers,stickers and scrapbook paper and just got busy. I find that I'm drawn to drawing flowers and the word Bloom. I guess it's because I feel a blooming in my own life. And well, I like flowers...and tree branches. I've been reading Tolle's "A new Earth" and I love the chapter in the beginning where he writes about flowers and how as the consciousness of human beings developed, flowers were things that became of value and had no utilitarian purpose. Flowers provided inspiration. Flowers awoke something in countless artists, poets and mystics. So, I like to think of myself as an 'artistic mystic'. Funny, uh.

I started to keep a journal for recording thoughts and quotes as I'm reading A New Earth. What can I say, Tolle is an inspiration. This Journal of mine will probably go through a lot of changes, since I'm always doodling in it. Oh yeah, did I mention that I love to doodle? I wonder how many people have doodled in their copy of A New Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment