Monday, November 23, 2009

Starbucks and Artist Trading Cards




Two to three times a week I car pool with my husband to work.  He drops me off at the Starbucks right near the department store I work at.  I have to say that I really love my Starbucks.  The morning crew is the best.  They are just so friendly and always make me feel at home.  They have my name and favorite drink memorized...like CHEERS," where everyone knows your name".  I spend anywhere between 1 and 2 hours hanging out there patiently waiting for my shift.  I chit chat with some of the regulars.  Jenn and I discuss the happenings at work and artsy crafty projects.  Sometimes I bring along my crochet or a book to read or my sketchbook and favorite pens.  I always have my little Nano ipod with me.  Music and podcasts help me pass the time away with much ease and joy.  I listen to This American Life, Crafty Pod, Oprah's Book Club or Spirit cast.  I really enjoy watching Scraptime and Paperclipping.  I like to think that I'm taking an online course where I always get a A+  while sipping an iced venti green tea and snacking on yummy banana nut bread.   I learn so much and the inspiration is overflowing.  Today, I brought several blank ATCs, brush pens, rubber stamps, paper scraps, glue stick and scissors.  I used the definition of the word 'superfluous' as my theme and title.  I'm pretty pleased with the results. 
from: superfluere "to overflow"...joy, beauty, love, passion, laughter, fabric, chocolate, music, books, paper, friends, family, flowers, butterflies, kittens, sunshine, time...........

No comments:

Post a Comment