Sunday, July 11, 2010

Collage a Day Project......July 11, 2010


This is my first finished Collage a Day Project.  I was inspired by an article I read in the last issue of Somerset Studio Magazine.  What an awesome way to stay creatively motivated.  I have a lot of materials on hand and I can easily take a project with me to start on while I'm waiting for my shift to start.  For this collage I used a 5x7 art board that my daughter Sara had discarded and some clip art I found on the Internet.  The Frida Kahlo clip art didn't print very well on my printer due to being low on a couple of color cartridges.  But I didn't want to waste this one so I cut and pasted it to the background Sara had painted and added the yellow dot flowers and the rubber stamped bird.  The outer scalloped border is made of card stock and a circle paper punch.  To finish it off I attached a length of green rick rack and tied on a small piece of delicate green ribbon.  I already have plans for tomorrow's collage.  Until then ...Happy Crafting.

1 comment: