Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning Something New

I'm glad to say that I learn something new everyday.  I learned from tech savy web designer child that my little how-to tips didn't flow right, that I should have made it all one post.  Amber is so smart, and funny thing I thought about the flow of my how-to segment when I was posting the second or third entry.   I learned that most times, I learn to master something new, by making mistakes along the way...many mistakes.  Sure I want this little blog to be easy to read and also hold the readers interest, but the one thing that I have really learned is that this little crafting journal has a few bumps and for me that's part of the journey.  I am not going back to fix the bumps and make the road I've already traveled perfect and shiny, but instead, enjoy the bumps and all their little imperfections.  A hobby should bring you joy and not stress you out because the finished result is just so-so or doesn't work out the way you thought it would.  I'm learning everyday to let go of perfection.  For me there is beauty to be found on this little bumpy blogging journey.   Yes, there are days that I wish I could be as smart as my kids, but really, just knowing that a large part of their smartness and desire for perfection they got from me.  Funny, isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment