Sunday, September 4, 2011

This is why I scrapbook...

Adding my own style to my scrapbook pages has been my latest challenge.  Although I love to get inspiration from some of my favorite magazines, like scrapbooks etc, creating Keepsakes and Somerset Memories, I know I could never really duplicate those beautiful pages.   I so enjoy seeing what the master scrapbookers design and create.  Learning new techniques,  playing with pretty papers, rubber stamps, stickers, paint, ink and ephemera makes me happy. Collecting memories and creating something visual with texture and layers is such awesome way to spend the afternoon.  Sometimes I scrapbook into the wee hours of the morning...it's so easy to lose track of time.  When I finish a page, I may post it to my blog, display it in my craft room or add it to one of my scrapbooks.  I know that I'm probably the only person who will ever see most of the scrapbook pages that I've created over the years and I'm okay with that.  I'm not a great scrapbooker, maybe just intermediate in my skills, but  I have noticed is an amazing transformation, a more eclectic, artsy kind of scrapbook style.  I see that kind of artsy style in  many of the scrapbooking blogs I like to visit.  I'm learning a lot and having fun with this hobby.  I'm enjoying the creative process...and that's why I scrapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment