Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Crochet Lace Trim

Lately I've been doing a lot of crochet and needlework.  My daughter Amber had a beautiful wedding in October and I made all the Bridal Bouquets, and Wedding Favors.  The past year was a very busy, creative one.  However, today I decided to do something a little different.  I pulled out one of my favorite tank tops and added some handmade lace.  It took me roughly 45 minutes to complete.  I'm very happy with the results.  Now to go through the rest of my tanks and shop the clearance racks and tables at my neighborhood Target and get my crochet on.



I started out with a blanket stitch around the front portion of the neck edge.  Then I just used a simple single crochet over the blanket stitch, then back around with a chain 3 in every other single crochet. 




I love French Knots, so I had to add 3 little ones at the center of the neckline.  I just eyeballed the center, not being really concerned about the placement.

I think on the next tank top I up cycle, I'll add some crochet flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment